Our privacy statement will help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have. This privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) applies only to the www.bdo.com.ve website (or the “website”) which is provided by BDO in Venezuela (also referred to below as “we”, “us”, “our” or “BDO”) and not to the various separate websites as per each location where BDO is present it redirects you to.
By using www.bdo.com.ve and submitting any personal information to us, you agree to the use by us of your personal information in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
What personal information do you collect when I visit www.bdo.com.ve?
We do not require registration for access to our website, but if you participate in any of the activities or services offered by the website, we will collect the personal information that we need in order to provide you with those services, such as your: name, job title, email address, employer's name, and telephone number.
We inform you that the personal data and information that you provide us when completing any electronic form available in Contact or Downloads, will be incorporated into a personal data file owned by BDO Martínez, Perales & Asociados. The purpose of the data processing is to process your request. The questions included in each of the forms are voluntary, except those marked with an asterisk (*) which are mandatory. In the case of not answering the mandatory questions, BDO Martínez, Perales & Asociados reserves the right not to process incomplete applications.
When you visit this web site, we may collect technical information such as your IP (Internet Protocol) address, details of the pages you visit on www.bdo.com.ve, other pages you visit on the world wide web and which browser you used to view www.bdo.com.ve.
When do you collect personal information through www.bdo.com.ve?
We collect personal information from you in the following circumstances:
- When you subscribe to any of our Insights / newsletters
- When you register to curriculum vitae
- When you contact us to request further information.
We collect the minimum amount of information to enable us to deal with your request or to provide a service to you. We will indicate where the provision of information is voluntary or compulsory. We would normally only request additional information to enable us to provide the most appropriate response to your request.
How do you use my personal information?
We use your personal information to:
- Identify you and create a profile for you when you register with us to use our services or to request information from us
- Verify your identity when you contact us
- Communicate with you with respect to the services and information that we provide
- Deal with your enquiries and requests
- Comply with the legal obligations to which we are subject and cooperate with regulators and law enforcement bodies
- Contact you with marketing information in relation to services offered by us (unless you have opted out of receiving marketing communications, or we are otherwise prevented by law from doing so)
- Personalise the marketing messages that we send to you to make them more relevant and interesting by analysing details of the services and information that you are receiving
- Exercise our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect violations of law
We must have a legal basis to process your personal information. In most cases the legal basis will be one of the following:
- To meet our legitimate interests, for example to understand how you use our services and our web site and to help us to derive knowledge that helps us to develop new services. When we process your personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place robust safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected and to ensure that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. For more information about the balancing test that we carry out to process your personal information to meet our legitimate interests, please contact us via the details below
You have the right to request access to the personal information that you have submitted through www.bdo.com.ve update or correct your details; opt out of receiving other information from BDO or request that your personal details are deleted from our systems at any time by contacting us. We will treat all such requests in accordance with applicable local law.
If you would like to opt not to receive promotional or marketing e-mail from us in the future, you may let us know by contacting us stating the e-mail address you wish to be removed from our mailing list. However, your option not to receive promotional and marketing e-mail shall not preclude us from corresponding with you, by e-mail or otherwise, regarding your existing relationship with us.
Will you provide my information to a third party?
We may contract with other companies or individuals to deal with your enquiry or to otherwise operate this web site or our business activities (e.g .to run marketing campaigns, host our databases, support email and messaging services and analyse information). We may give such companies access to your personal information in connection with those purposes on our behalf. We may also share your personal information with other BDO firms within the BDO network (e.g. for the purposes of customer insights or service optimisation), provided that this is consistent with the basis on which we have collected your personal information.
From time to time, we may disclose personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
We do not provide information to third parties for their own marketing purposes and we do not undertake mailings for third parties.
We may, as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of assets, reorganisation or liquidation of our company (a ‘Reorganisation event’) transfer, sell or assign your personal information to third parties involved in the reorganisation event.
We may share your information with other BDO firms that are local to you so that they can contact you with relevant materials in relation to a specific topic or service offered.
How long do you keep my information?
We will keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your personal information for a period of time that enables us to: maintain our business records for analysis and/or audit purposes; comply with record retention requirements under the law; defend or bring any legal claims; deal with any complaints
We will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the data.
Is my information secure?
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. We require all employees and principals to keep personal information confidential and only authorised personnel have access to this information.
Updating this Privacy Statement
We may modify or update this Privacy Statement from time to time. You will be able to see when we last updated the Privacy Statement by the revision date it includes. Changes and additions to this Privacy Statement are effective from the date on which they are posted.
If you have any concerns about the way in which we handle your personal information or If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement you can contact us.